Saturday, June 14, 2008

Jack's Bike!!

Jack got a very early birthday present today, a new bike!! With his birthday in the winter he usually has to wait to use some of the summer things he gets but Oma and Papa decided to get him an early present so he can enjoy it all summer.
Jack, Chris and Papa all worked to put the bike together and we had a few tears when he had to come in for a nap. Jack keeps telling people he can ride a bike with two wheels and everyone seems very impressed by that but then I tell them he still has the training wheels on, which makes sense. That is usually followed by a very unhappy 3 year old telling me his CAN ride a bike with two wheels. It's so great when a 3 year old knows more than his parents!

Here is Papa with Wade. Dad is here just for the weekend but at least we get to spend Father's Day with him this year. He will be back in two weeks to spend the 4th of July week with all of us. He is having lots of fun holding Wade and hanging out with Jack. I still think Wade looks just like my Dad!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jane said...

Way to go Jack!!! No one counts those training wheels as actual wheels do they?

sara said...

2 wheels ...4 wheels...same same! This reminds me of when I would get so upset when my mom would say I was 4 and a half or 5 and a half.... somehow that half part made me feel like I was only half of something. I obviously thought she was subtracting from my age rather than adding to it. I just wanted to be called plain old 5.
Love the new bike! Be careful on it, JackieB. I don't want any skinned knees!

Anonymous said...

sister. i love jack and wade. tell jack i wanna go for a bike ride when i get there and i wanna hold Wade the entire time i am there. i miss you all terrible today. i am alone in chesapeake...no husband. sad. miss you...see you soon. aunt libby

krista said...

Jack, we are happy that we could find you the green bike you were hoping for, since Green is your current favorite color. You are an awesome (and fearless) bike rider--
whatever the wheel count. Glad we could be here to see you ride your new birthday present. (Just hope you still remember it next November.)

Love,
Oma