Monday, September 08, 2008

6 months, and such a big big boy!!!

Wade had his 6 month appointment today and everything looks good! He is now 16lbs 2oz, totally thought he would be bigger than that, and is 26in long. Can't believe how fast these first 6 months have gone. The Dr asked me if he is rolling over or close to sitting up and I told her he rolls from his stomach to his back and that is it so far. I guess I really do need to start putting him down more so he can practice sitting up and rolling from his stomach to his back. I think I haven't been doing this because then it means he is growing up and no longer my little baby. Why do they have to grow up so fast? Jack can't wait for him to grow up so they can play ball together. Yesterday at MVP they had a free clinic to introduce there new childrens basketball program. The kids are suppost to be in 1st grade but I thought why not let Jack try, he has been dribbling a ball since he was 18 months. I talked to the gentelman running it and he looked at me like I was one of those crazy Moms who think there kid is the best at everything. But he let Jack play and Jack did GREAT!! He said Jack totally hung with all the big kids and thought Jack would do just fine in the program!! So proud of him!! If was really cute to watch and it made me realize just how big he is getting!! Jack starts school tomorrow and couldn't be more excited. I have to pack his first lunch tomorrow, probably one of many over the next 15 years!!

2 comments:

sara said...

I don't envy you...sending your baby to school tomorrow. *sniff sniff* Jack will be great though!
And, Tommy and I aren't the least bit surprised about the basketball program. He's a natural.
(Tommy said he better practice "giving some change" though! haha)

krista said...

Dear Wade,

Such a big boy...1/2 a year already. I can't wait to see how grown up you are. We will make sure you learn how to sit at our house...just like Jack did in Utah.

Hugs and kisses,

Oma